Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: April 10-16, 2020
Read the best articles from the past week. COVID-19 strategies for hospitals, NFPA 101, coronavirus' effects on the A/E industry and grow facilities.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for April 10-16 covered HVAC strategies for COVID-19, how the pandemic affects MEP supply chains, air filtration, converting alternative structures for COVID-19 and coronavirus’ effects on the A/E industry. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Climate-informed HVAC increases in relative humidity may fight COVID-19 and other pandemics – Indoor relative humidity is a function of seasonal climate and building HVAC. The range of 40 to 60% RH may reduce contagion and help those who are infected.
2. How COVID-19 is affecting the MEP supply chain – The COVID-19 pandemic is having a major effect on the A/E/C industry and within the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) supply chain, but there are encouraging signs for the future.
3. What’s so important about air filtration? – Filters are ubiquitous in air handling systems, so it’s helpful to understand the different options for filters and to learn about how they function
4. Converting alternative structures for COVID-19 patients – Converting structures such as hospitals, arenas, convention centers and other large-scale buildings in the wake of COVID-19 is a challenge, but perhaps a necessary one as the pandemic continues.
5. Coronavirus’ impact on the A/E industry, April 13, 2020 – Morrissey Goodale is providing A/E leaders with news on the coronavirus and its impact on the industry. Highlights this week include a roundup on the general impact of the economy and some positive COVID-19 developments.