Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer Articles, November 22-November 29
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 most read articles online for Nov. 22-29 covered the 2018 salary survey, your questions answered: critical power arc flash mitigation, ways to use drones in building design and construction maintenance, power generation in high performance buildings, and NFPA 110-2016 design considerations. Were you out last week? You can catch up here. Link to each article below.
- Salaries fall slightly, job outlook remains high – Job satisfaction is high, and employees are generally positive. Compare your salary and company structure to find out where you stand against others in your field.
- Your questions answered: Critical power: Arc flash mitigation – The Sept. 20, 2018, “Critical power: Arc flash mitigation” webcast presenters addressed questions not covered during the live event.
- 7 ways to use drones in building design, construction maintenance – Drone technology is helping redefine the way we design, construct and maintain buildings.
- Power-generation systems in high-performance buildings – Electrical engineers must consider many factors when designing power-generation systems. Safety, maintainability, efficiency, code compliance, and economics play crucial roles in determining the topology of a power-generation system. Specific requirements for power vary based on building occupancy type, facility use, and critical function.
- NFPA 110-2016: Design considerations – This article discusses design requirements of NFPA 110 (2016) and how it applies to emergency and standby power systems in mission critical facilities. It also reviews other relevant codes, such as NEC (2017), NFPA 99 (2018), and IBC (2015), and discusses how they complement NFPA 110.