Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer Articles, December 7-13
Consulting-Specifying Engineer’s top 5 most read articles online for Dec. 7-13 covered reasons lighting controls commissioning goes bad, a tax on boots, 2019 40 Under 40 nominations, NFPA 110-2016 design considerations, and simple steps to address cybersecurity concerns in your building automation system. Were you out last week? You can catch up here. Link to each article below.
- 10 reasons lighting controls commissioning goes bad – To ensure complex systems function as intended, a formal commissioning process needs to be established.
- A tax on boots – Do you need new steel-toed boots for the job site or the manufacturing floor? How much will they cost?
- 2019 40 Under 40 nominations open – The 2019 40 Under 40 program is now open for nominations. Submit your nomination by Friday, Jan. 25, 2019.
- NFPA 110-2016: Design considerations – This articles discusses design requirements for NFPA 110 (2016) and how it applies to emergency and standby power systems in mission critical facilities. It also reviews other relevant codes, such as NEC (2017), NFPA 99 (2018), and IBC (2015), and discusses how they complement NFPA 110.
- Video: Cover your BAS: Simple Steps to Address Cybersecurity Concerns in Your Building Automation Systems – This presentation covers common vulnerabilities in BACnet systems and provides common sense approaches to ensure your Building Automation System deployments don’t leave a building open to attack.