Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer Articles, December 21-27
Consulting-Specifying Engineer’s top 5 most read articles online for Dec. 21-27 covered the 2018 salary survey results, requirements for fire pump retrofits, data center co-location electrical system design, critical factors when designing fire suppression systems, and curbing VFD harmonics in HVAC applications questions answered. Were you out last week? You can catch up here. Link to each article below.
- Salaries fall slightly, job outlook remains high – Job satisfaction is high, and employees are generally positive. Compare your salary and company structure to find out where you stand against others in your field.
- Exploring the requirements for fire pump retrofits – Identifying the impacts of retrofitting a fire pump into existing buildings and being code-compliant are challenging when working with existing buildings.
- Data center co-location electrical system design – Co-location data centers lease space for IT equipment, power, cooling, and bandwidth. In addition to being cost-efficient, one of the most important obligations of the co-location owner is to provide continuous high-quality electrical power.
- Critical factors when designing fire suppression systems – Learn the best questions to ask before starting a fire protection design project.
- Your questions answered: Curbing VFD harmonics in HVAC applications – Explore HVAC applications for VFDs, VFD design differences and performance factors, harmonic mitigation methods, and the basics of IEEE 519.