Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer Articles, December 14-20
Salary survey results, standardizing NFPA 13, addressing cybersecurity concerns in building automation systems, medical center notification system case study, and curbing VFD harmonics in HVAC applications questions answered were Consulting-Specifying Engineer's five most clicked articles from last week, Dec. 14-20. Were you out last week? You can catch up here.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer’s top 5 most read articles online for Dec. 14-20 covered the 2018 salary survey results, standardizing NFPA 13, addressing cybersecurity concerns in building automation systems, medical center notification system case study, and curbing VFD harmonics in HVAC applications questions answered. Were you out last week? You can catch up here. Link to each article below.
- Salaries fall slightly, job outlook remains high – Job satisfaction is high, and employees are generally positive. Compare your salary and company structure to find out where you stand against others in your field.
- Standardizing NFPA 13 – NFPA 13-2016 is applicable to all sprinkler system designs and installations, with the exception of sprinkler systems in low-rise residential buildings and one- and two-family dwellings and manufactured homes.
- Video: Cover your BAS: Simple Steps to Address Cybersecurity Concerns in Your Building Automation Systems – This presentation covers common vulnerabilities in BACnet systems and provides common sense approaches to ensure your Building Automation System deployments don’t leave a building open to attack.
- Case Study: Medical center notification system update – This example will share the fire alarm notification system design approach and construction challenges and resulting solutions at a medical center.
- Your questions answered: Curbing VFD harmonics in HVAC applications – Explore HVAC applications for VFDs, VFD design differences and performance factors, harmonic mitigation methods, and the basics of IEEE 519.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.