News and Events
Short news and conference items.
• Three newly published National Science Foundation reports show increasing workforce availability of scientists and engineers. Individuals working in science and engineering occupations grew by 4.3%, and their unemployment rates dropped to 2.5% in 2006.
• The National Electrical Manufacturers Assn. ( www.nema.org ) has published “ICS 14 Application Guide for Electric Fire Pump Controllers.” The guide provides technical information related to the installation of electric fire pump controllers, which are devices that activate and manage engine-driven fire pumps, providing optimal water volume and pressure for proper operation.
• July 20-23: 45th American Society for Healthcare Engineering Annual Conference, Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center, Washington, D.C. www.ashe.org .
• Aug 5-6: AEC Essentials: An Introduction to the Design and Construction Industry, Hyatt Regency at the Convention Center, Denver.
• Aug 6: Client Development in the AEC Marketplace: Beyond the Basics, Hyatt Regency at the Convention Center, Denver.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.