NEBB appoints director of technical services
Tom Meyer, a veteran with more than 25 years of hydronics experience, will be responsible for the quality of NEBB's technical programs as its director.
The National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB) has appointed Tom Meyer as the Director of Technical Services. As the association’s technical expert, Meyer will be responsible for the quality of NEBB’s technical programs, including publications, training, education, advising and testing content.
Meyer has more than 25 years of experience in hydronics. Prior to joining NEBB, he was the Director of Government and Professional Affairs for the ESCO Group. He is a past president of Precision Hydronics Corporation, an international hydronics design, consulting and training firm. He was also the founding Executive Director of the Green Mechanical Council and was formerly the President of Praxis Green Inc.
Tom co-authored the new Residential Building Code for Kuwait, which was passed into law this year, and he taught the new Code to Kuwait government engineers at the University of Kuwait. He also was an advisor and project coordinator for the Office of the Architect of the Capitol in Washington, D.C.
Meyer is a member of the High Performance Building Council, High Performance Building Congressional Caucus Coalition, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) Green Technical Committee, and is HVAC Chair of the IAPMO Green Technical Committee.
Tom graduated from the Ohio State University. He has the following credentials:
- DES – Designer of Engineered Systems (State of Wisconsin)
- CSME – Certified Subject Matter Expert – Hydronics (HVAC Excellence)
- GGP – Green Globes Professional (GBI)
- CBCP – Certified Building Commissioning Professional (Association of Energy Engineers)
- QCxP – Qualified Commissioning Professional (University of Wisconsin)
- EBCP – Existing Building Commissioning Professional (Association of Energy Engineers)
Meyer is also a member of the following ASHRAE Committees:
- SSPC 134 – Graphic Symbols for HVAC and Refrigerating Systems Standard – Chair
- TC07.04 – Energy Analysis for Sustainable Buildings – Chair
- STDS-SGPC 0 – The Commissioning Process Standard – Vice Chair
- MTG.BPM – Building Performance Metrics – Member
- SSPC 90.2 – Energy-Efficient Design of Low-Rise Residential Building Standard – Member
- TC06.06 – Radiant Heating and Cooling – Corresponding Member
- Best Practices for Commercial Buildings – Energy Subcommittee