MEP Insider – 2009-01-14
Recent hires and promotions
John Medeiros has joined Alexandria, Va.-based consulting firm PBS&J as senior program manager in the military installations planning and asset management division of the firm’s federal services. Recently retired as a colonel of the U.S. Air Force, Medeiros has 29 years of experience overseeing programs ranging from installation level through Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Chicago-based SmithGroup has named Pom Schmitt, AIA, LEED AP , as project architect and associate. She will coordinate project team efforts for execution, technical document preparation, and construction administration on healthcare, science and technology, and higher education assignments.
McMahon Associates Inc., a Ft. Washington, Pa.-based transportation engineering and planning firm has promoted Jennifer Walsh, PE, to senior project manager; the firm also promoted Brian DiBiase , PE, PTOE, to project manager.
Mactec Engineering and Consulting —based in Alpharetta, Ga.—has named Sean P. Thomas, RES, manager of its Alaska office in Anchorage. Thomas was promoted from Alaska Environmental Planning and Permitting Business Unit Leader and Operations Manage r.
Peter Basso Associates , based in Troy, Mich., has announced a number of promotions:
* Richard E. Dionne : principal
* Ginger K. Greager, CPSM : senior associate and marketing manager
* Kristy M. Allen : accounting supervisor
* William S. Case : principal and director, Technology and Support Services Group
* Wendy Y. Lafata : HR manager
* Jessica J. Spak, PE, RCDD, LEED AP; Ronald A. A. Chapdelaine; Joseph R. Seidl, PE; Scott T. Peck, PE; and Stephen E. Bryk : associates.
* Michael V. Romano, PE; Christopher A. Young; Christopher J. Kennedy; and Daniel J. Yensch Jr.: project leaders.
Northfield, Conn.-based Fire-Lite Alarms has hired two new sales representatives: Dan Lajoie in the east and Leon Parks to cover the northwest.