M/E Insider: Promotions and New Hires
• Chris Johnston, P.E. , and James Coe, P.E., RCDD , have been named vice presidents in the Atlanta office of Syska Hennessy Group . In his new position, Mr. Johnston will serve as chief engineer for the firm’s Critical Facilities Team. Coe, also on this team, will oversee the firm’s Southeast region, including offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, N.C. and Jacksonville, Fla.
• Anthony G. Cracchiolo, P.E. , has joined STV, Inc. as senior vice president and director of design. In this newly created staff role, he will spearhead STV’s commitment to continuous improvement and design excellence in its transportation, facilities, energy and environmental markets.
• Stearns & Wheler, LLC has announced that Thor A. Young, P.E. , has been named an owner. In addition to his new corporate responsibilities, Young, who has been with the firm for 13 years, will continue to manage specific client and project activity in Maryland and Delaware.
• Interface Engineering recently hired Kevin Duell, P.E., LEED AP , and Kenneth Spencer, P.E., LEED AP , at its Portland office. Duell brings to Interface more than 12 years of mechanical design and construction administration experience, and more than seven years as a licensed mechanical engineer. Spencer has been designing electrical systems for more than 15 years.
• Smith Seckman Reid, Inc. has announced two senior-level promotions in its Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. office. Alfred Esquivel, P.E. , is now senior team leader and office manager, and Jeffery A. Lindquist has been promoted to vice president and team leader.