M/E Insider: An Appointment, a Contract, a Certificate, an Award and Some New Hires
• Michael W. Coyne, P.E., vice president for Smith Seckman Reid, Inc. and managing principal of SSRCx, LLC, SSR’s commissioning subsidiary, has been appointed to the Associated Air Balance Council Commissioning Group’s National Board of Directors, which acts as the governing body for ACG. Coyne, will serve a three-year term on ACG’s eight-member board.
• The City of Richfield, Minn. recently awarded Howard R. Green Company a general service agreement to provide routine professional engineering services in a variety of disciplines, including water/wastewater, traffic and transportation, general municipal, structural engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, landscape architecture, water resources and surveying/right of way. During the term of this agreement, the City will select consultants for specific projects as the need arises.
• Conway Consulting Engineers announced recent additions to its staff: Noman Khan, P.E., Principal Electrical Engineer; David Glenn, Senior Mechanical Engineer; and Joe Shaffer, Senior Mechanical Engineer.
• Ross & Baruzzini, Inc., recently announced that Jim Heisserer, P.E., received a Certificate of Appreciation from Ranken Technical College’s Electrical System Design Technology (ESDT) Program.
• Building company McCarthy was named by Building Design & Construction magazine as one of the “Best AEC Firms to Work For” in the $394 billion U.S. architecture/engineering/construction industry. The winners were chosen from applicant firms from across the nation’s design, engineering and construction sectors. In addition to McCarthy, other firms honored with “Best” honors included: FreemanWhite , Shawmut Design and Construction , Walter P. Moore , and Hnedak Bobo Group .