Industry Roundup: Acquisitions, Partnerships and Awards
• Honeywell, Minneapolis, has acquired Tridium, a privately held software-development company based in Richmond, Va. with subsidiaries in London and Singapore. Tridium will continue to operate as a separate business entity within Honeywell’s Environmental and Combustion Controls (ECC) business.
• Anvil International, Portsmouth , N.H. , manufacturer of pipe fittings and pipe hangers, has selected Glacier Computer’s GX-1200 industrial computer for their Anvil WMS deployment. U.S. Green Building Council.
• BlazeMaster, Cleveland, has completed testing that proves both its CPVC pipe and fitting compounds each meet a new higher cell class—levels never previously achieved by a CPVC compound.
• Circon Systems, Vancouver, B.C., maker of Access Point Controller (APC-300) has announced that its product is the first to be certified using Version 3.4 of the LonMark Interoperability Guidelines .
• FCI-Burndy Products, manufacturer of connectors and interconnect systems, has been acquired from French energy group Areva by Bain Capital, a leading global private investment firm.
• Siemens Building Technologies, Buffalo Grove, Ill., has appointed George West to Senior Vice President and Division Head of its Security Systems business. West replaces Alan Calegari, who left the company in October of this year.
• SpecSys, a division of Ritalka, Montevideo, Minn., was chosen as Southwest Minnesota Entrepreneurial Business of the Year at the Annual Southwest Minnesota Workforce Summit.
• Viking, Hasting, Mich., distributor of fixed fire protection products, has opened a new U.S. location serving the Southwest region. The 23,000-sq.-ft. facility, located in Las Vegas, opens its doors on January 3.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.