Industry Roundup: Acquisitions, Certifications, Awards
• Ren Owen , Sloan Valve Company’s vice president of business development, passed away on January 6, leaving behind a legacy of innovation and growth in the plumbing industry. Owen served in regional and national sales manager positions from 1982 until being promoted to his VP post in 2003.
• Intertek, Arlington Heights, Ill., has announced that its ETL SEMKO division has acquired International Approvals Laboratories, a Boulder, Colo.-based testing lab.
• MGE UPS Systems, Costa Mesa, Calif., announced that key models of its UPS from 5 kVA to 225 kVA have met the criteria of the UL 924 Emergency Lighting Systems standard.
• Onicon, Clearwater, Fla., announced that its System-10 BTU Meter has been certified to meet Version 3.4 of the LonMark Interoperability Guidelines. The meter provides energy, flow and temperature data to devices connected to a LonWorks control network.
• Raser Technologies, Provo, Utah, a technology licensing company that develops and licenses advanced electric motor, electronic motor drive, power generation and related technologies, announced today a definitive agreement to acquire Amp Resources of Draper, Utah, a private company with technologies focused on power generation.
• S&C Electric Company, Chicago, Ill., was recipient of a plaque presented by Alabama Power Company (APCO), one of the operating utilities of the Southern Company and a longtime S&C customer. S&C was one of only a dozen or so of APCO’s hundreds of suppliers to receive the award for its “Superior Performance” in the task of restoring electric power following Hurricane Katrina.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.