Education Session: How to Select Transfer Switches
By attending this session on Oct. 19, 2021, you will understand the basics of transfer switch selection, including specifying the correct type.
Transfer switch equipment is available in a variety of types, with a wide array of features. Selecting the appropriate transfer switch for a specific application requires a clear understanding of site needs and application restraints.
After attending the session How to Select Transfer Switches on Oct. 19, 2021, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the basic operation of transfer switches and transition types to aid in the selection of equipment for a particular application.
- Discuss features and functions of transfer switch controls to enhance the operation of the power system.
- Identify when it is appropriate to use a 4-pole switch as compared to 3-pole.
- Describe the UL 1008 withstand and closing ratings for adequate protection of the switch and overall system.
- Learn about the difference between the short-circuit withstand/closing rating and the short-time rating.
This Fall 2021 Virtual Training Week session is taught by Hassan Obeid, Global Technical Advisor for Systems and Controls – Critical Protection, Cummins.
Registration is free for all coursework. Complete information about Fall 2021 Virtual Training Week is available online.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.