Critical power webcast: Combined heat and power systems
Join Consulting-Specifying Engineer on March 7, 2019, at 2 p.m. (Eastern) for a critical power webcast focused on cogeneration systems. Attendees can earn 1 AIA CES approved learning unit upon the successful completion of an exam.
Cogeneration systems, often referred to as combined heat and power (CHP) systems, generate both electricity and thermal energy. As they become more common in the United States, engineers must understand the nuances and design strategies for successful application.
- Explain combined heat and power (CHP) and how it can be applied in commercial buildings.
- Develop a strategy for applying CHP equipment in the built environment.
- Evaluate and calculate the energy efficiency of the CHP system.
- Know the codes, standards, and guidelines that define the design of CHP systems.
- Rodney V. Oathout, PE, CEM, Global Energy Services Leader, Principal, DLR Group
- Chris Hayton, Sales & Business Development Director, Clarke Energy USA Inc.