Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed content, May 2022
Read the best content in May 2022 including: 40 Under 40 winners, NFPA 72-2022, hospitals and electrification, smoke control systems and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 10 online in May 2022 posted over the last three months covered 40 Under 40 winners, NFPA 72-2022, hospitals and electrification, smoke control systems and more. Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. 2022 40 Under 40 winners announced – Family, work and community drive these winners to excel.
2. What to know about the 2022 edition of NFPA 72 – The 2022 edition of NFPA 72 has a number of changes. These changes can be implemented before the adoption of the code to enhance a fire alarm’s system design.
3. Video: Electrification, decarbonization in hospitals – Two experts from Henderson Engineers explain how hospitals are setting trends in building electrification.
4. What every engineer designing smoke control systems should know – This outlines the design requirements and their basis for smoke control systems.
5. Air movement and air handling systems – When designers understand basic concepts applied within air movement or air handling systems and make correct fan selections, these systems can operate at or near peak efficiency.
6. Electrical power quality and system harmonics: Practical options exist – Harmonic distortion resolution of variable frequency drive motor applications will provide the most beneficial actions for IEEE 519 compliance.
7. Your questions answered: Dynamic UPS systems: How kinetic energy can protect sensitive processes and equipment – Dynamic uninterruptible power supply systems provide conditioned electrical power to mission critical facilities. Learn the basics, along with benefits of specifying.
8. How do microgrids relate to the National Electrical Code? – Learn about the applicable code sections relating to microgrids and interconnected sources within NFPA 70.
9. Your questions answered: How to incorporate controls into HVAC systems – HVAC systems and their controls have continued to advance.
10. Video: Trends in chillers and chilled water systems with Dennis Sczomak – Peter Basso Associates’ Dennis Sczomak takes a look at chillers and chilled water systems, and how integrating then with other HVAC elements plays a role.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.