Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed articles, September 2021
Read the best articles in September 2021 including: Product of the Year finalists, NFPA 99, pandemics and building design, cooling plant optimization and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 10 articles online in September 2021 posted over the last three months covered Product of the Year finalists, NFPA 99, pandemics and building design, cooling plant optimization and more. Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Understanding chilled water plant performance – Chilled water plant optimization strategies can be deployed through traditional programmed sequence of operations.
2. Powering up the fastest university supercomputer – The University of Texas Frontera supercomputer requires massive amounts of electricity and posed a challenge to engineer the power supply in a limited space.
3. Chiller energy optimization systems versus building automation systems – Learn the nuances of a chiller energy optimization system operates contrasted with a building automation system.
4. Consulting-Specifying Engineer announces 2021 MEP Giants – The 2021 MEP Giants list highlights the top companies in mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering.
5. 2021 Product of the Year Finalists: Vote now! – Who will win gold in 2021? Consulting-Specifying Engineer announces the finalists for the 17th annual Product of the Year competition, and readers will have the final word. Cast your votes online.
6. Specifying systems to achieve outcome-based energy goals – The design of energy-efficient building systems requires a holistic, integrated design process, with early engagement, supported by three basic elements for success.
7. Designing hydraulic systems on high-rise, large buildings – Know how making correct decisions in the initial hydraulic plan helps the facility operate more efficiently and effectively.
8. Know the changes to NFPA 99 Chapter 6 – New sections were added to NFPA 99-2021 health care facilities electrical systems acceptance testing and electrical preventive maintenance.
9. Lighting design engineers look at LED lighting advancements in K-12 schools – New LED advancements provide a level of capability that previously had been inaccessible to school facilities. PBA and Illuminart explore the evolution of lighting from incandescent to LED.
10. How pandemics affect building design – COVID-19 affected engineers and building professionals’ designs in many ways.