Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed articles, October 2021
Read the best articles in October 2021 including: Commissioning Giants, chilled water plant performance, holistic lighting systems and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 10 articles online in October 2021 posted over the last three months covered Commissioning Giants, chilled water plant performance, holistic lighting systems and more. Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. 2021 Commissioning Giants – The 2021 Commissioning Giants data reports on the top 25 firms.
2. Understanding chilled water plant performance – Chilled water plant optimization strategies can be deployed through traditional programmed sequence of operations.
3. Your questions answered with Michael Chow: Holistic lighting systems – Learn more about holistic lighting systems in this Q&A with Michael Chow.
4. How to prepare a facility to be IAQ centric – Indoor air quality is key in buildings, and there are several ways to measure and improve upon it.
5. Engineering with automated fault detection and diagnostics – Building engineers and commissioning professionals can use automated fault detection and diagnostics, which has been more commonly used to save building energy and facilitate predictive maintenance.
6. Using BIM in a pandemic – Engineers were already using BIM, but COVID-19 shifted them to a building software-based digital design hub.
7. Specifying systems to achieve outcome-based energy goals – The design of energy-efficient building systems requires a holistic, integrated design process, with early engagement, supported by three basic elements for success.
8. Four standards that guide environmental conservation in the built environment – To combat greenhouse gas emissions and design healthy and productive spaces, engineers and designers should strive to apply not only LEED standards to their projects, but also RESET, Living Building Challenge, Passive House and WELL Building standards.
9. UV light is effective, safe deterrent against COVID-19 in public places – A specific ultraviolet (UV) wavelength was found to be effective in killing the COVID-19 virus as well as other respiratory viruses while still being safe for public use.
10. Designing hydraulic systems on high-rise, large buildings – Know how making correct decisions in the initial hydraulic plan helps the facility operate more efficiently and effectively.