Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed articles, June 2020
Read the best articles in June 2020 including: 40 Under 40 winners, COVID-19 questions and advice, smoke control systems, air- versus water-cooled chilled water plants and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 10 articles online in June 2020 covered 40 Under 40 winners, COVID-19 questions and advice, smoke control systems and air- versus water-cooled chilled water plants. Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. 2020 40 Under 40 winners announced – These 2020 40 Under 40 winners have what it takes to lead the building industry to a higher level.
2. Five questions building engineers will be asking after COVID-19 – Building engineers will be facing a new normal after the COVID-19 pandemic is over. There are many questions to ask in that new world to try and find some certainty.
3. Best practices for designing smoke control systems – By incorporating NFPA 92 with best practices, fire protection engineers can successfully design smoke control systems for buildings.
4. Four lessons to take from working at home to improve the workplace – The COVID-19 pandemic has changed many things for people who worked at home, but there are some valuable lessons to take from this unique experience that can make the work environment a better one.
5. Air- versus water-cooled chilled water plants – A water-cooled chiller plant can be more efficient over the life span of the system and will be less costly than an air-cooled chiller plant
6. COVID-19 and the impacts to the workplace – The Bala Consulting Engineers COVID-19 Task Force has published a white paper to assist engineers in making buildings safer.
7. How to design for transformers, switchgear and UPS – It is critical for electrical engineers to be involved early in the programming of a facility to meet end users’ needs and cost constraints in facility construction.
8. How is COVID-19 affecting retail, restaurants? – With consumers frequently enjoying delivered meals and shopping for goods online, brick-and-mortar restaurants and retail structures need to be more advanced than ever to compete.
9. Q&A with WSP on COVID-19: – Business of engineering Leaders from WSP USA reply to questions, reflecting on how the business of engineering will change due to COVID-19.
10. Basics of NFPA 99 changes for hospital design – How engineers should navigate the changes to the 2018 edition of NFPA 99