Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed articles, June 2020
Read the best articles in June 2020 including: 40 Under 40 winners, COVID-19 questions and advice, smoke control systems, air- versus water-cooled chilled water plants and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 10 articles online in June 2020 covered 40 Under 40 winners, COVID-19 questions and advice, smoke control systems and air- versus water-cooled chilled water plants. Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. 2020 40 Under 40 winners announced – These 2020 40 Under 40 winners have what it takes to lead the building industry to a higher level.
2. Five questions building engineers will be asking after COVID-19 – Building engineers will be facing a new normal after the COVID-19 pandemic is over. There are many questions to ask in that new world to try and find some certainty.
3. Best practices for designing smoke control systems – By incorporating NFPA 92 with best practices, fire protection engineers can successfully design smoke control systems for buildings.
4. Four lessons to take from working at home to improve the workplace – The COVID-19 pandemic has changed many things for people who worked at home, but there are some valuable lessons to take from this unique experience that can make the work environment a better one.
5. Air- versus water-cooled chilled water plants – A water-cooled chiller plant can be more efficient over the life span of the system and will be less costly than an air-cooled chiller plant
6. COVID-19 and the impacts to the workplace – The Bala Consulting Engineers COVID-19 Task Force has published a white paper to assist engineers in making buildings safer.
7. How to design for transformers, switchgear and UPS – It is critical for electrical engineers to be involved early in the programming of a facility to meet end users’ needs and cost constraints in facility construction.
8. How is COVID-19 affecting retail, restaurants? – With consumers frequently enjoying delivered meals and shopping for goods online, brick-and-mortar restaurants and retail structures need to be more advanced than ever to compete.
9. Q&A with WSP on COVID-19: – Business of engineering Leaders from WSP USA reply to questions, reflecting on how the business of engineering will change due to COVID-19.
10. Basics of NFPA 99 changes for hospital design – How engineers should navigate the changes to the 2018 edition of NFPA 99
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.