Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed articles, August 2021
Read the best articles in August 2021 including: Product of the Year finalists, NFPA 99, pandemics and building design, cooling plant optimization and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 10 articles online in August 2021 posted over the last three months covered Product of the Year finalists, NFPA 99, pandemics and building design, cooling plant optimization and more. Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. 2021 Product of the Year Finalists: Vote now! – Who will win gold in 2021? Consulting-Specifying Engineer announces the finalists for the 17th annual Product of the Year competition, and readers will have the final word. Cast your votes online.
2. How to interpret NFPA 99 medical gas, electrical changes – NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code identifies some new ways to specify medical gas and electrical systems.
3. How pandemics affect building design – COVID-19 affected engineers and building professionals’ designs in many ways.
4. When to use cooling plant optimization controllers – Use of specialized controls packages can unlock cooling plant equipment efficiency for improved performance.
5. Choosing active and passive fire protection systems – A combination of active and passive fire protection systems is needed to address the factor of human behavior in the built environment.
6. How to design controls, automation in government buildings – In this Q&A with multiple experts, learn how to design building automation systems and controls for government, state, municipal, federal, correctional and military buildings.
7. The evolution of medical gas systems design – Medical gas systems design has changed, and is outlined in NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code.
8. BIM automation: where efficiency and optimization converge – The efficiency achieved through BIM automation directly translates to time and cost savings.
9. Designing hydraulic systems on high-rise, large buildings – Know how making correct decisions in the initial hydraulic plan helps the facility operate more efficiently and effectively.
10. Transformer protection is essential for reliable power – Transformer protection is vital to ensure that one of the most expensive and important pieces of equipment in a power system can stay in service.