Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed content, April 2022
Read the best content in April 2022 including: Prefabrication, electrical power quality, integrating electrical systems, AI and building systems and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 10 online in April 2022 posted over the last three months covered prefabrication, electrical power quality, integrating electrical systems, AI and building systems and more. Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. What is the future of prefabrication in the U.S. construction industry? – Prefabrication offers many advantages, and its adoption hinges on support from players across the building and design industry.
2. Electrical power quality and system harmonics: Practical options exist – Harmonic distortion resolution of variable frequency drive motor applications will provide the most beneficial actions for IEEE 519 compliance.
3. Video: Integrating building electrical systems – Wissam Balshe, Cummins, provides an overview of new technologies in the electrical engineering industry.
4. Using artificial intelligence to control building systems – Energy savings in buildings can be achieved when artificial intelligence and building automation systems are connected to achieve HVAC goals.
5. Which fire alarm signal should be used? – Fire alarm signals should be based on response, not on the type of device.
6. Air movement and air handling systems – When designers understand basic concepts applied within air movement or air handling systems and make correct fan selections, these systems can operate at or near peak efficiency.
7. Technology drives K-12 school changes – Updates, COVID and tech trends are shifting the way K-12 schools are designed.
8. Video: Trends in chillers and chilled water systems with Dennis Sczomak – Peter Basso Associates’ Dennis Sczomak takes a look at chillers and chilled water systems, and how integrating then with other HVAC elements plays a role.
9. Office building codes, standards may change – COVID, employee well-being and indoor air quality issues have all changed the way office building codes and standards are considered.
10. Understand the distinctions of generators for health care – Generator systems designed for health care occupancies have a unique set of requirements.