Universal plumbing design trends accommodate everyone
Ensuring that a public space can be used by everyone is the underlying goal of universal design. This concept is challenging designers, architects and engineers to rethink the fundamentals while considering how an environment can be designed or adapted to accommodate people's changing needs, while incorporating new aesthetics that aren’t prohibitively expensive or appear institutional.
Think about this next time, the facility has incorporated the principles of universal design.
But catering to people of different sizes,ch allows individuals of all abilities to use the same product.
According to the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research, universal design ensures that products and environments can be usable by all people, to the greatest extent possible, without the need for adaptation or specialized design.
Why has thed, advances in technology are allowing people to are live longer and overcome enormous odds from injuries and accidents.
In fact, 3.2 million members of the Baby Boomer generation will turn 55 years old this year alone.
When beginning a project, it is important to keep seven key principles in mind.
1. Equitable use %%MDASSML%% The design is useful and marketable to people with diverse abilities.
2. Flexibility in use %%MDASSML%% It accommodates a wide range of preferences and abilities.
3. Simple and intuitive %%MDASSML%% The design is easy-to-understand, regardless of user’s experience, knowledge or skills.
4. Perceptible information %%MDASSML%%Necessary information is communicated effectively to the user, regardless of sensory limitations.
5. Tolerance for error %%MDASSML%% The design minimizes hazards, accidents or unintended actions.
6. Low physical effort %%MDASSML%% It can be used with minimal effort.
7. Size and space for approach and use %%MDASSML%% Regardless of user’s stature and mobility, the design isappropriate for approach, reach, manipulation and use.
These principles help ensure the design for each space is usable and accessible.few simple ways to maintain a universal-design lifestyle.
For companies and builders interested in implementing universal design principles, but
Commercial products, like Moen’s Extended Reach Faucets or FreeHand sensor operated flush valves and faucets, are rapidly entering the commercial products industry market to affordably cater to the the needs of consumers.
Adopting universal design is becoming the rule in a recurring theme in today’s commercial construction industry—not the exception.
For more information about Moen's Commercial Extended Reach and FreeHand faucets, visit www.moen.com/commercial .