Project in Progress: Apex Friendship Middle School December update
3D imaging is also enabling the design team to address potential issues.
- Currently resolving coordination items for the underground utilities within the footprint of the building, using Autodesk BIM 360.
- Coordination has involved main chiller piping, electrical feeders, plumbing waste piping, storm drainage piping, and concrete footings.
- 3D imaging is also enabling the design team to address potential issues on the first floor involving large ductwork, large piping, concrete pilasters, and steel beams.
- Underground plumbing has begun.
- The gym slab pour began the second week in December.
- Underground chiller lines are set to start soon.
- Underground electric continues at the main duct bank into Area A.
The BIM images show coordination currently being performed in the classroom wing.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer's Product of the Year (POY) contest is the premier award for new products in the HVAC, fire, electrical, and...
Consulting-Specifying Engineer magazine is dedicated to encouraging and recognizing the most talented young individuals...
Emergency lighting; NFPA 3 and 4; Integrated building systems; Smart lighting, HVAC design
Designing for energy efficiency; Understanding and applying NFPA 101 for mission critical facilities; Integrating commissioning and testing for fire alarm systems; Optimizing unitary pumping solutions
Tying a microgrid to the smart grid; Paralleling generator systems; Previewing NEC 2017 changes
Driving motor efficiency; Preventing Arc Flash in mission critical facilities; Integrating alternative power and existing electrical systems
As brand protection manager for Eaton’s Electrical Sector, Tom Grace oversees counterfeit awareness...
Amara Rozgus is chief editor and content manager of Consulting-Specifier Engineer magazine.
IEEE power industry experts bring their combined experience in the electrical power industry...