NFPA World Safety Conference & Expo to be held June 3 to June 7
The National Fire Protection Assoc.’s (NFPA) World Safety Conference & Exposition is scheduled for June 3 to June 7 at the Boston Convention and Exposition Center.
More than 5,000 attendees are expected to attend the opening session to hear keynote speaker and Pulitzer Prize-winning author David McCullough. The conference and expo will feature more than 150 educational sessions and a three-day trade show. Some sessions include:
* Presentation on the Station Nightclub fire that killed 100 people in 2003 in West Warwick, R.I. Presentation will examine code changes, research and legislation issues.
* Presentation on the Cocoanut Grove nightclub fire that killed 492 people in 1942 in Boston.
* Questions on the World Trade Center investigations.
* NFPA’s new Emergency Evacuation Planning Guide for People with Disabilities.
* Emergency-response issues related to Avian Influenza and other animal-borne diseases.
In addition, NFPA members will have the opportunity to vote on proposed safety and building codes.