News at a Glance: News Briefs and Events
Advanced Energy Design Guide; NFPA codes in Maine; upcoming events
• ASHRAE and its partnering organizations are making available for free the “Advanced Energy Design Guide” series. Electronic versions of the newest book in the series, “Advanced Energy Design Guides for K-12 School Buildings,” as well as the existing guides on small office and small retail buildings are available for free download at www.ashrae.org/freeaedg .
• Maine adopted the latest edition of several NFPA fire and life safety codes, including the following: NFPA 1, Uniform Fire Code; NFPA 13, Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems; NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm Code; and NFPA 101, Life Safety Code.
• March 3%%MDASSML%%6: AMCA Intl. Spring Meetings and Engineering Conference, The Orleans Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas
• March 10%%MDASSML%%13: American Society for Healthcare Engineering Intl. Conference and Exhibition on Health Facility Planning, Design and Construction, Gaylord Palms Hotel and Convention Center, Orlando, Fla.
• April 22%%MDASSML%%24: National Conference on Building Commissioning (NCBC), Marriott Newport Beach Resort and Spa, Newport Beach, Calif.