MSCA recognizes top green contractors
MSCA GreenStar promotes environmental leadership among MSCA STAR contractors
The Mechanical Service Contractors of America (MSCA), Rockville, Md., has introduced a new GreenStar certification program recognizing MSCA STAR contractors who have shown exceptional commitment to environmental stewardship.
In order to attain GreenStar status, contractors must demonstrate they have the proven skills and expertise necessary to deliver energy-efficient and cost-effective indoor environmental solutions to meet customer needs and ensure tenant health, safety, and satisfaction.
To become an MSCA GreenStar, an MSCA STAR contractor must:
* Employ at least one LEED Accredited Professional
* Be a member of the USGBC either with a local chapter or the national organization
* Verify that at least 25% of their total employees have participated in a green training or education program
* Demonstrate that they promote environmental responsibility by offering specific sustainable services and recommending green procedures and equipment
* Establish an internal commitment to green by attaining LEED certification, of any type, for their building, or by developing an internal "green policy"
* Have participated as part of a project team with a LEED EB or LEED NC registered project within the past three years
There are presently 92 MSCA STAR qualified contractors nationwide. To become an MSCA STAR company, an MSCA contractor must meet a wide range of criteria, including maintaining a superior safety record, offering outstanding customer service, and strict adherence to ongoing continuing education and training for all of their employees.