Motion controller for demanding applications
Galil Motion Control’s PCI BUS Econo Motion Controller, The DMC-1417, is designed to handle demanding applications.
Galil Motion Control’s PCI BUS Econo Motion Controller, The DMC-1417, is designed to handle demanding applications with such features as an extra encoder input for electronic gearing, program memory with multitasking, uncommitted I/O and user-selectable stepper or servo motor control. Modes of motion include point-to-point positioning, jogging, contouring, electronic gearing and e-cam.
Programming the DMC-1417 is simplified with two-letter, intuitive commands and a full set of software tools such as WSDK for servo tuning and analysis, ActiveX Tool Kit for Visual Basic users and a C-Programmers Tool Kit. The Econo Series controllers do not include uncommitted analog inputs and are not optoisolated.
- Accepts up to 8 MHz encoder frequencies for servos and 2 MHz for steppers
- Advanced PID compensation with Velocity and Acceleration feed forward and integration limits
- Modes of motion include jogging, point-to-point positioning, contouring, electronic gearing and ECAM
- Multitasking for concurrent execution of two application programs
- Memory for application programs, variables and arrays
- Accepts inputs from two encoders for gearing or dual-loop applications
- 7 Uncommitted digital inputs, 3 digital outputs
- High Speed position capture · Forward and reverse limits and home input
- Sinusoidal commutation for brushless servo motors
- 37-Pin D-type connector
- Custom hardware and firmware options available
Galil Motion Control, Inc.
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com