M/E Insider: Stepp R.W. Beck’s New CEO; GRG to Acquire EWA
• The board of directors for management consulting and engineering firm R.W. Beck, Inc. has selected Russell J. Stepp as the new president/CEO. A senior employee with the firm’s Seattle office, Stepp previously was the National Director of the Water/Waste Resources. His term is scheduled to begin Nov. 1, when current president/CEO Nicholas P. Guarriello steps down from the position.
• GRG, Inc. recently announced plans to acquire Earl Walls Associates (EWA) . Under the terms of the agreement, GRG will purchase 100% of EWA stock, making it a wholly owned subsidiary of GRG. GRG is a full-service engineering firm and EWA is a laboratory planning and design firm.
• RTKL Associates, Inc. , has received unanimous approval to master plan the Illinois Medical District , a 640-acre parcel of land in Springfield, Illinois. The district was created to encourage the growth of medical services in the area while preserving and maintaining nearby residential areas. The new medical district currently includes Southern Illinois University School of Medicine as well as Springfield’s two acute care hospitals: Memorial Medical Center and St. John’s Hospital.
• MKK Consulting Engineers has added Art St. John , Trent Lindsley and Eric Johnson to its Cheyenne, Wyo. staff. St. John transferred from MKK’s Denver office and is a senior electrical designer and project manager with more than 30 years of experience as an electrical designer and project manager. Lindsley recently joined the firm and has more than 10 years of experience in electrical engineering design. Johnson also has transferred from MKK’s Denver office and brings six years of engineering and construction experience.
• Affiliated Engineers, Inc. , Madison, Wisc., announced that Bill Vernon has joined the firm. Vernon, with more than 25 years of experience in healthcare and the private research and development industries, will lead the healthcare practice in the firm’s Walnut Creek, Calif. office.