M/E Insider: SFPE Elects New President; Cleveland Firm Turns 100
• Consulting engineering firm TBE Group , Clearwater, Fla., has won a 2005 Florida Institute of Consulting Engineers (FICE) Engineering Excellence Grand Award in the Environmental category for its Clearwater Northwest Fire Station brownfield redevelopment project. Two other TBE projects won Honorable Mention awards: the firm's development of a right-of-way course that has been approved by the Florida Board of Professional Regulations for continuing education credits, and the reevaluation/modification of the C-51 Basin Rule, addressing Everglades flood control and flood plain management.
• The Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) announced the election of Samuel S. Dannaway, P.E., FSFPE , as its 2005 president. Dannaway founded S.S. Dannaway Associates, Inc. in 1985 and serves as president of the 10-person fire-protection consulting engineering firm, based in Honolulu.
• The start of 2005 marks the centennial anniversary of Westlake Reed Leskosky , Cleveland. The firm was founded in 1905 by Abram Garfield , son of U.S. President James Garfield. Today, the firm has a staff of more than 120 with offices in Cleveland, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C.
• T&M Associates , Middletown, N.J., recently expanded its engineering capacity with the addition of the 80-member staff of JCA Associates , bringing T&M's total staff to nearly 350 professionals and support personnel. The former JCA staff members will continue work from their current office locations in Moorestown and Clark, N.J.
• James Posey Associates, Inc. has elected Stephen J. Hudson, P.E. , as president and managing principal. Prior president W. Carl Hossfeld, Jr., P.E. , was elected to the new position of chairman. Hudson has been with the firm since 1966 and is a founding member and past president of the American Society of Plumbing Engineers Baltimore chapter, and is currently vice president for education.