M/E Insider: Ross & Baruzzini Acquires Florida Firm, SME Establishes a Memorial Scholarship
• Ross & Baruzzini, Inc. has announced the acquisition of William A. Berry & Assocs., Inc., an M/E/P engineering consulting firm in Miami.
• The Society of Manufacturing Engineers Education Foundation announced the establishment of an endowed scholarship in memory of M. Eugene Merchant, ScD , a past president of SME, who died on Aug. 19, 2006. In keeping with Dr. Merchant's lifelong mission, the scholarship will provide funding for the education of future manufacturing engineers and will also serve as a lasting tribute to his pioneering research and discovery.Contributions to the M. Eugene Merchant Memorial Scholarship Fund can be made at www.sme.org/foundation or mailed to SME Education Foundation, One SME Drive, Box 930, Dearborn, Mich. 48121-0930.
• SSOE, Inc. Architects-Engineers announced the appointment of Bob McCain, P.E. , to serve as division manager of Nashville operations, and David Verner, AIA , to serve as manager of commercial and institutional operations.
• Vanderweil Engineers announced the recent addition of J. Patrick Carpenter, P.E. , as a principal in the firm’s Princeton, N.J. office; Paul Konz, P.E. , as an engineering principal; and Charles Vansant, P.E. , as an associate in the Boston office. Collectively, these individuals bring 75 years of experience to the firm.
• Smith Seckman Reid, Inc. has hired Tom B. DeFrange as project manager and communications consultant for the firm’s Dallas office. DeFrange is responsible for low-voltage communications systems and data network designs for medical facilities and universities.