M/E Insider: Promotions and Acquisitions
• CH2M Hill, Denver, Colo., has acquired Ohio-based BBS Corporation , which specializes in planning, design and construction administration of water and wastewater treatment, distribution and collection systems.
• Global consulting, engineering and construction services provider Earth Tech, Inc., Long Beach, Calif, a business unit of Tyco International Ltd., has appointed Frank Gorry, P.E., and Lou Tortora, P.E., district managers for its Southeast and Northeast districts.
• International consulting and engineering firm Arcadis , Arnhem, The Netherlands, has acquired environmental and remediation services company Blasland, Bouck & Lee, Inc., Syracuse, N.Y.
• Smith Seckman Reid, Inc. has promoted David C. Bradford Jr., P.E., to director of the mechanical division in its Memphis, Tenn. office. In his new position, Bradford will manage the mechanical design staff in preparing plans and specifications for multiple project types including hospitals, offices and educational facilities.
• Peter Basso Assocs., Troy, Mich., has won two regional awards in the ASHRAE Technology Awards program: a first place award for Compuware’s new headquarters building and a second place award for Auto-Owners Insurance Company home office HVAC renovations. Project managers for the projects were Dennis Sczomak, P.E., LEED AP, and Brian Runde, P.E., LEED AP, respectively. The Compuware project is now moving on to international judging.