M/E Insider: Promotions, Acquisitions and Awards
• Life Cycle Engineering , a provider of reliability consulting, engineering services and applied technology solutions for government and private enterprise, recently promoted Bill Guin to senior vice president of its Applied Technologies Group , where he will be responsible for managing the activities of ATG, which specializes in C4I systems development, integration and information assurance for the Dept. of Defense and federal customers.
• Samuel R. Barnes, P.E., has been promoted to director of engineering at Cummins & Barnard, Inc. , Ann Arbor, Mich.Barnes will be responsible for the technical integrity of all Cummins & Barnard projects. He joined Cummins & Barnard in 2000 and previously served as mechanical engineering dept. manager.
• Stanley Consultants, Inc. , has acquired Interstate Surveying, Inc. , an Austin-based survey firm.
• Portland Mechanical Contractors, Inc. , a mechanical contracting firm, has acquired Fullman/Kinetics Service , the plumbing and HVAC service division of Kinetic Systems, Inc.
• Management consulting and engineering firm R. was honored recently with two awards from the Florida Municipal Electric Association (FMEA). To honor his nearly three decades of contributions to municipal electric utilities in Florida, he was given the Lifetime Achievement Award. In addition, he was awarded Honorary Membership to FMEA, which is given to individuals who have a long history of distinguished service to the organization and, therefore, retain membership for life.