M/E Insider: oBIX Gets a New Co-chair; BCA Gets a New President
• Michael C. English , a founder and senior partner with Horizon Engineering Associates, LLP , New York, has been named president of the board of directors for the Building Commissioning Assn. English was previously BCA’s vice president and spearheaded the organization’s Certified Commissioning Providers program.
• Paul Ehrlich, P.E. , president and CEO of Building Intelligence Group , was elected co-chairman of the Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards ( OASIS ) Open Building Information Exchange ( oBIX ) committee. Ehrlich founded oBIX, a group dedicated to providing systems integration via XML and Web Services, in 2003, and will co-chair the committee with Toby Considine . The committee plans to release the first version of the oBIX standard later this year.
• Paul R. Bertram, Jr., FCSI, CDT, LEED AP , president and CEO of PRB Design , has been elected to the national office of vice president-industry for the Construction Specifiers Institute , and will serve as the Executive Committee liaison for CSI’s Environmental Task Team. The two-year appointment begins in July.
• Peter C. Strupp has joined the Seattle office of Affiliated Engineers, Inc. as director of business development, and will concentrate development efforts in the Pacific Northwest as well as Idaho, Montana and Utah.
• Two aviation specialists have joined Carter & Burgess’ Phoenix Transportation Unit. Mike Olander, P.E. , previously a senior project manager with the firm’s Encino, Calif. office, will serve as Aviation Group manager. Bruce Loev, P.E. , comes to the group with more than 20 years of engineering experience, including extensive experience in direct management of airport planning and engineering development projects.