M/E Insider: New Hires
• A/E firm Kling has hired Scott Waters, AIA, as director of projects. Waters has worked extensively with the federal government during his more than 24 years in architecture, and will help grow Kling’s federal government business, as well as enhance the overall capabilities of the company’s Washington, D.C. office.
• Gene Heyer, P.E., PMP, has joined DL Engineering & Controls, Inc. as director of engineering. He is based in Escondido, Calif. and will be responsible for the firm’s engineering activities in California. Heyer has more than 30 years of master planning, design, construction services and integration experience in municipal public works.
• Smith Seckman Reid, Inc. has hired Frank Traknyak, P.E., as senior project manager. He is a member of the firm’s new Education Science and Technology team and will work from the Houston office. His previous position was as deputy director of design and construction/chief engineer at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Boston and Worcester.
• Kevin McGinnity, P.E., has joined Graef, Anhalt, Schloemer & Assocs., Inc. as a commercial services project manager and will work from the company’s Madison, Wis. office. McGinnity will be responsible for following projects from the concept phase through final construction and will develop and maintain relationships with commercial clients.
• Alison Sumption has joined Howard R. Green Company’s St. Paul, Minn., office as a project engineer in the Water and Wastewater Group. Sumption has five years of wastewater treatment plant design and study experience