M/E Insider: New Hires at SSR; A Milestone for BCA
• Smith, Seckman Reid, Inc. has hired Ryan Hertter as senior engineer and Will Webb as mechanical engineer. Hertter will be responsible for mechanical engineering design, and Webb will be responsible for HVAC design. Both will work in the company’s Memphis office.
• Orlando-based BCA Consulting & Design Engineers has surpassed a major milestone, having designed over $300 million of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems for Florida’s public schools consisting of more than 650 projects in more than 15 counties.
• Larry D. Brown, senior technical director at Tectum, Inc., Newark, Ohio, has been appointed chair of ASTM International Committee E06 on Performance of Buildings. The committee consists of 1,050 members responsible for almost 250 standards related to the performance of buildings and their components.
• Mueller Assocs. , Baltimore, Md., has promoted Robert A. Marino, P.E. , to president.
• Milo E. Riverso, Ph.D., P.E. , has been promoted to executive vice president of STV Group and director of the firm's national Construction Management Division. In his new position, he directs more than 90 employees engaged in construction, construction management, program management, design-build, construction supervision and inspection and project controls, including cost estimating and scheduling.