M/E Insider: New Hires at SEi, OLA; GRG Buys EWA
• M/E/P and fire-protection services provider SEi Companies , Boston, has hired James N. Polando, P.E. , as senior associate/senior project manager. In addition, Patrick McAleese, P.E. has been named principal, Paul Corrado, P.E. , associate principal, Thomas Burroughs, P.E. , senior associate and Peter DiPerna , an associate.
• O’Dea, Lynch, Abbattista Consulting Engineers, PC (OLA) has named Steven M. Gumm, P.E. , an associate of the firm, and Jeffrey D. Lyman and Scott P. Ziegler as Engineer III. Kenneth Kristensen, P.E. , has been promoted to Engineer II, and Daniel J. Smith, P.E. , has been named senior engineer.
• Earlier this fall, EWA became a wholly owned subsidiary of building systems engineering firm GRG, Inc. EWA has offices in San Diego and Orlando, Fla. GRG is located in both of these cities as well as in Las Vegas and Milwaukee.
• Donald R. DeBord, Jr., AIA , and Jeffrey Davenport have been promoted to sector leaders for RTKL’s Healthcare and Science & Technology sectors, respectively. Debord, vice president, will be located in the firm’s Dallas office, while Davenport, vice president, will spearhead his sector from RTKL’s Washington, D.C. office.
• Scott J. Boxer , Service Experts , president and COO, has been inducted into the University of Rhode Island Engineering Hall of Fame . According to URI, the Hall of Fame recognizes “College of Engineering alumni who have attained significant achievement in their careers and lives.” Mr. Boxer has served in HVAC industry leadership positions for over 30 years.