M/E Insider: KTA Expands Again, LONMARK Int’l. Appoints New Executive Director
• KTA Group, Inc. has opened an additional office in Winston-Salem, N.C. This is the Herndon, Va.-based M/E/P firm’s fourth expansion in two years.
• L ON M ARK International recently announced the appointment of Ron Bernstein to the role of executive director. Mr. Bernstein has extensive experience in the specification, design, and implementation of control systems and the design and deployment of L ON W ORKS -based devices. He is a founding board member and vice chairman of L ON M ARK Americas .
• Lynne Simnick has been promoted to director of Code Support for the International Assn. of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials , reporting directly to the senior director of Codes and Education. She will continue her work as a staff liaison to several IAPMO committees and also oversee the Uniform Plumbing Code, The Swimming Pool, Spa & Hot Tub Code. In addition, Simnick will be a resource for all other plumbing-related issues.
• Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. announced that Ben V. Dizon has joined the firm as a senior electrical engineer. Prior to joining GPI, Dizon was the Director of Engineering for John J. Christie and Associates. Dizon has more than 29 years of experience in all phases of electrical engineering design for both new construction and renovation of various types of facilities.
• Lilker Assocs. , a New York-based M/E/P and technology engineering firm, is expanding its health-care studio with the addition of Steven Friedman and Michael Leonick, P.E., LEED AP .Mr. Friedman has been named associate/project manager and Mr. Leonick has assumed the position of associate/associate department head, Electrical.