M/E Insider: Joint Ventures, Awards and More
• Global design firm HOK has entered into a strategic alliance with Advanced Environmental , a specialist environmental division of Australia-based Lincolne Scott Consulting Engineers , to advance sustainable design expertise and innovation in commercial building projects throughout the U.S.
• SSRCx, LLC , a total-facility commissioning provider, has formed a joint venture with Chicago-based engineering firm Cotter Consulting, Inc. to establish a presence in Chicago and the Midwest. The two firms were recently awarded their first project together; they will provide commissioning services for the University Technology Park/Chemical Research Building, a $58 million research lab at the Illinois Institute of Technology.
• Smith Seckman Reid, Inc. has opened its 10th U.S. location, in Hernando, Miss.
• Westlake Reed Leskosky ,a Cleveland-based A/E firm, has been recognized with two 2006 Design Awards from the American Institute of Architects Ohio Chapter . The Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage in Beachwood garnered the AIA Ohio Honor Award for design excellence and exemplifies new construction. The Howard M. Metzenbaum U.S. Courthouse in Cleveland was recognized with an AIA Ohio Merit Award and exemplifies design excellence in historic preservation and adaptive reuse.
• SEi Companies announced that Dennis G. Dinsmore, RCDD has joined the firm as associate and director of information technologies engineering. Dinsmore will help expand SEi’s communication technologies business using design-build methods.