M/E Insider: HGA Gets New Business Developer; RTKL Becomes CBE Partner
• Susan Katz has joined the San Francisco office of HGA Architects & Engineers as business developer, and will specialize in the arts, community and education markets for northern California.
• RTKL Assocs., Inc. , Baltimore, Md., has joined University of California, Berkeley’s Center for the Built Environment as an industry partner. CBE and its partners are dedicated to advancing building materials and technologies through research and development.
• Ryan Chapman, P.E. , an electrical engineer with KJWW Engineering Consultants, P.C. , Des Moines, was chosen by the Central Iowa Chapter of the Iowa Engineering Society as its Outstanding Young Engineer. Chapman has been with the firm for six years and regularly helps to promote engineering by giving presentations to elementary and high school students.
• Albert Kahn Assocs., Inc. , Detroit, announced that three employees have been selected to serve on the company’s recently formed Strategic Board of Directors: Peter Lynde, P.E. , Rick Dye, P.E. , and Simon Yendle, AIA . The Strategic Board, which was formed to expand employee representation at the Board level, consists of the firm’s seven-member Board of Directors and these three new members.
• Bret Emerson, RCDD/NTS, CNE , has recently formed a new consulting firm, CommTech Design , in Grand Rapids, Mich. The new company designs communications cabling infrastructures, telephone systems, data networks, wireless networks, A/V systems and security systems in new and renovated buildings.