M/E Insider: HarleyEllis Breaks Ground for New Ohio Hospital
• HarleyEllis participated with Firelands Regional Medical Center , Sandusky, Ohio, in breaking ground for a new hospital expansion, consolidation and renovation. Projected for completion in 2008, the $150 million project is a response to growth and community need in the multi-county area between Cleveland and Toledo, Ohio. The improvements are intended to help consolidate inpatient services to the main campus.
• Jeff Greinke, P.E., has recently joined DL Engineering & Controls, Inc. , Phoenix, as a project engineer. He is based in Mission Viejo, Calif., and will be responsible for managing engineering activities and representing the firm’s services in the Orange County area. Greinke brings more than five years of waste and wastewater treatment facility design, power system analysis and electrical design of combined cycle and cogeneration facilities and substations experience to the job.
• Smith Seckman Reid, Inc. , an engineering design and facility-consulting firm, has hired Chip Bridges as project manager and senior electrical engineer. Bridges, who will work in the firm’s Phoenix office, will be responsible for design of lighting systems, emergency power systems and power distribution. He has more than 16 years of experience serving healthcare, research laboratory and institutional clients.
• Anthony J. Denami, LC ( Nash Lipsey Burch, LLC ) president, NCQLP , announced that the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) has recognized the NCQLP’s lighting certification program by including the following in its “Facilities Standards for Public Buildings Service”:
Qualifications of the Lighting Practitioner . Lighting design shall be performed or supervised by a practitioner credentialed as Lighting Certified (LC) by the National Council on Qualifications for the Lighting Professions (NCQLP).(Section 6.8 Interior Lighting, Day lighting, and Control Systems, p. 189).
• CH2M HILL Lockwood Greene has hired William Hearn as director of site selection and economic development. Hearn, with more than 14 years of site selection and economic development experience, will be located in the company’s Atlanta office. Prior to joining Lockwood Greene, Hearn served as managing director for a full-service business location and real estate firm.