M/E Insider: EYP Adds Employees; Syska Gets a New Director
Consulting-Specifying Engineer -- 12/20/2004
• Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. announced the promotion of Lew Brode, P.E. , to vice president and branch manager of the firm's Rockville office. He replaces Justin Tracy, P.E. , who is relocating to Atlanta to start his own firm. Brode has been with GPI since 2002 and has more than 10 years experience in the building systems industry.
• Dean H. Samet, CHSP , has joined Smith Seckman Reid, Inc. , Nashville, as director of regulatory compliance services. He will be responsible for managing the company's regulatory compliance and facility management consulting services team working with hospitals and healthcare facilities. Samet has more than 30 years of combined construction management and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) experience.
• Syska Hennessy Group has named Craig Kalle managing director of its New York office, where Kalle will lead the day-to-day operations of approximately 200 engineers and support personnel. He replaces Venkata Ramu , who will focus on his duties as managing director of Syska's eastern region operations.
• Thanks to new growth and expansion, EYP Mission Critical Facilities has added more than 35 new employees. New senior level employees include Ragat Rajen, P.E. , principal, with the firm's Washington, D.C. office; Thomas Squillo, P.E. , senior mechanical engineer, Chicago office; Larry Buck , principal, Los Angeles; Sarah Blauvelt , senior electrical engineer, Chicago; Joseph Macaluso , technology infrastructure manager, New York; Richard Hallahan, P.E. , senior electrical engineer and project manager, New York; Yigit Bulut, P.E. , principal, electrical engineer and project manager, Los Angeles; and Joseph Salvatore , senior project manager, New York.
• John P. O'Neill, P.E. , was named senior vice president and co-director of the civil engineering unit of A. Epstein and Sons International , Chicago. O'Neill brings more than 15 years experience in civil engineering and project management to the position.