M/E Insider: CH2M Hill Acquires MicroSource; NEBB Gets a New Head
• CH2M Hill , Englewood, Colo. has acquired Greenwood Village, Colo.-based MicroSource , an information technology service provider. The latter will become part of the former's Communications and Information Solutions group, which will offer full-service IT solutions to businesses.
• Joseph Miller of Seneca Balance of Virginia , Alton, last month was elected president of the National Environmental Balancing Bureau . Miller comes to the job with more than 30 years of experience in testing-adjusting-balancing and is currently the commissioning administrator at Seneca.
• Lockwood Greene , Spartanburg, S.C., recently announced that the Pinnacle West Energy Silverhawk PowerStation -located 20 miles north of Las Vegas, Nev.-has been recognized as the "Project of the Year" by Power Engineering at the POWER-GEN International Conference in Orlando, Fla. Lockwood-Greene was the full-service engineering-procurement-construction contractor for the project.
• Hayes, Seay, Mattern & Mattern, Inc. (HSMM), an A/E firm in Roanoke, Va. and Washington, D.C., announced that its renovation design for the Smithsonian Institution's National Gallery of Art garnered one of four Engineering Excellence Grand Awards in a competition sponsored by the American Council of Engineering Companies of Virginia . Judges noted the firm's work in creating M/E designs that creatively enhanced a number of environmental and economic conditions for the Gallery.
• Engineering firm McCormick Taylor , Philadelphia, for the fifth consecutive year, was named one of the best places to work in Pennsylvania by the Great Place to Work Institute , a survey, study and award program geared toward identifying the best places of employment in Pennsylvania.