M/E Insider: Awards, Acquisitions, Hirings and Promotions
• Design firm Paulus, Sokolowski and Sartor, LLC , Warren, New Jersey, recently received an award from New York Construction for designing a new dormitory at Ramapo College of New Jersey, Mahwah. The eight-story student living center was completed on schedule, in 18 months, on a steeply sloped site.
• Chicago-based design firm Proteus Group announced that Harish Chopra, P.E. , has joined its team as director of mechanical engineering. Chopra comes to the position with extensive experience in healthcare HVAC design, and will be responsible for design and production oversight of all HVAC, plumbing and fire-protection projects.
• Black & Veatch Corporation , Overland Park, Kan., has completed the acquisition of R.J. Rudden Associates, Inc. , Hauppauge, N.Y., a management consulting company specializing in the electric utility industry; and Lukens Energy Group, Inc. , Houston, a management consulting group focusing on management in the oil and gas industry. The acquisitions are part of the company’s effort to expand its financial and business solutions offerings to its energy and water industry clients.
• SmithGroup , Detroit, has promoted Mohamad Jaber, P.E. , to principal. Jaber is a senior electrical engineer with more than 15 years of experience in electrical design, project management, team management and construction supervision, and has been with the firm since 1998.
• MKK Consulting Engineers , Englewood, Colo., recently promoted Kevin Pope from associate to principal. Pope joined the firm in 1992 and is a lead mechanical engineer with the Billings, Mont. office. Since the opening of the Billings office in 1999, Pope’s main focus has been design and construction administration of education projects in central and northern Wyoming.