M/E Insider: A New Department for RTKL, a New Project Director for Carter & Burgess and More
• RTKL Associates, Inc. recently announced the formation of an audio-visual design department. The new department is based in the firm’s Baltimore office as part of its Special Systems Design Group. Tony Warner, CTS-D, CDT, last year was selected to develop the department and serve as director of AV design.
• M-E Engineers, Inc. , Wheat Ridge, Colo., is a finalist in the American Council of Engineering Companies’ 39thannual Engineering Excellence Awards competition for its building systems work for the University of Colorado’s Health Sciences Center, Research Complex 1 in Aurora. Winners will be announced April 11 at an awards gala at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Washington, D.C.
• Lynn Crawford, P.E. , has joined Carter & Burgess , Houston, as a project director with the firm’s Facilities Unit. Mr. Crawford has more than 30 years of experience in health-care and higher-education design, construction and facility management.
• Lockwood Greene , Spartanburg, S.C., has been awarded an engineering, procurement and construction contract by Eastman Chemical Company for a commercial-scale paraxylene-to-polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plant to be built at Eastman’s existing site in Columbia, S.C. A groundbreaking ceremony is planned for March.
• EYP Mission Critical Facilities , New York, has been selected by Baptist Health South Florida to commission the latter’s recently acquired data center in Miami. Baptist Health will move its IT services department to the facility early this year, and EYP’s goal is to examine existing equipment and assess its reliability capabilities prior to the move.