May 2 Southland Industries update: HVAC, plumbing in progress
At the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center located in Fort Hood, Texas, Southland Industries has begun commissioning HVAC systems, and radiant flooring tube is being installed.
As of May 2, the following steps have been taken at the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center, Fort Hood, Texas.
- The team is completing rough-in on levels 5 and above of the hospital. Air handling units are being started to provide temporary air conditioning below level 3.
- Radiant flooring tube installation is underway in the hospital atrium.
- The West Clinic plumbing fixtures are beginning to be installed and HVAC systems commissioning has begun. The North clinic is being prepped for fixtures. Both West and North Clinic air handling units have been started.
- All three parking garages are underway.
- The chilled water plant is online and the boiler plant is being prepared for startup.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer's Product of the Year (POY) contest is the premier award for new products in the HVAC, fire, electrical, and...
Consulting-Specifying Engineer magazine is dedicated to encouraging and recognizing the most talented young individuals...
Designing for energy efficiency; Understanding and applying NFPA 101 for mission critical facilities; Integrating commissioning and testing for fire alarm systems; Optimizing unitary pumping solutions
Economics of HVAC systems; NFPA 110-2016; Designing and choosing modular data centers
Tying a microgrid to the smart grid; Paralleling generator systems; Previewing NEC 2017 changes
Driving motor efficiency; Preventing Arc Flash in mission critical facilities; Integrating alternative power and existing electrical systems
As brand protection manager for Eaton’s Electrical Sector, Tom Grace oversees counterfeit awareness...
Amara Rozgus is chief editor and content manager of Consulting-Specifier Engineer magazine.
IEEE power industry experts bring their combined experience in the electrical power industry...