Lighting awards bestowed
Excellence in lighting was honored at the 2009 Lightfair Innovation Awards ceremony.
Lightfair International celebrated the industry's most innovative product designs and lighting projects at the 20th annual LFI Innovation Awards (LIA) ceremony. Sponsored by Architectural Lighting magazine and eLumit.com, the awards took place May 5, preceding the opening of the 2009 Lightfair trade show floor.
The awards presentation honored industry innovations in an overview of the latest lighting-related products and designs introduced in the past 12 months. This year, LFI received 218 submissions, and each individual product was judged by an independent panel of renowned lighting professionals. The 2009 LIA winners are:
• Calculite Solid-State Downlights by Lightolier/Philips: Most Innovative Product of the Year-the program's highest award, recognizing the best, most innovative new product
• kite by PEERLESS from Acuity Brands Lighting: Design Excellence Award-recognizing outstanding achievement in design and application
• LUXEON Rebel ES from Philips Lumileds Lighting Company: Technical Innovation Award-recognizing the most forward-thinking advancement in lighting technology
• SST-90-W by Luminus Devices: Technical Innovation Award-recognizing the most forward-thinking advancement in lighting technology
• LM-80-08 Approved Method for Measuring Lumen Maintenance of LED Light Sources from the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES): Judges' Citation Award-special recognition of an innovative product at the judges' discretion.