Industry Roundup: York Wins and EPA Award; Armstrong Expands
• ASSA ABLOY Identification Technology Group , Walluf, Germany and Irvine, Calif., announced that one of its member companies, Interlock AG , an international multi-technology card solutions manufacturer, has completed the acquisition of the majority of the assets of the former printoplast Group , a specialist in preprinted plastic credentials containing advanced security features.
• Actuent Corporation , parent company of Enerpac , has completed its acquisition of Hydratight Sweeney , Birmingham, United Kingdom, which manufactures and provides bolting products and services to the oil and gas, power generation, industrial and other end-user markets. Hydratight Sweeney will report into the Enerpac business and be included in Actuant’s Tools & Supplies segment.
• Armstrong International, Inc. , Stuart, Fla., has formed the Armstrong Hot Water Group , Three Rivers, Mich., to provide customers with an integrated solutions approach to their hot water needs.
• York International Corporation , York, Pa., was honored with a 2005 Climate Protection Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The award recognizes York for its pioneering work and ongoing development of electronic variable-speed-drive (VSD) technology and its energy-saving capability when applied to chillers.
• UPM Rafsec , Tampere, Finland, an RFID tag manufacturer, is to build a new state-of-the-art RFID tag production facility in Fletcher, N.C. The new factory will specialize in the production of high-quality UHF (ultra high frequency) tags. The factory will begin operations in the final quarter of 2005.