Industry Roundup: Recent Accolades, Certifications and Awards
• Advance Transformer , Rosemont, Ill., was recently selected by the U.S. Dept. of Energy's National Energy Technology Laboratory to receive funding for future solid-state lighting product development activities. Advance's proposed project was accepted on such critical factors as energy savings potential, likelihood of success and ability to help secure our nation's energy future and technological leadership.
• Danfoss announced that its president, Robert Wilkins, has received the 2004 Schulze Distinguished Service Award from the Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute. Mr. Wilkins earned the award for his service to the air-conditioning and refrigeration industry as an ARI product section and committee chairman. He has served on ARI's Board of Directors since 1996, its Executive Committee since 1998, and was ARI Treasurer from 1998 to 2002.
• Dranetz-BMI , Edison, N.J., has received certification on its PowerXplorer and PowerGuide power monitoring instrument line, judged fully compliant with all requirements under IEC-61000-4-30 Class A by Technology International (Europe) Limited (I2T), an independent testing facility.
• Greenheck , Schofield, Wis., has been issued a patent by the U.S. Patent and Trademarks Office for a two-stage air purification system its engineers invented for installation and operation within a kitchen ventilation hood.
• Lutron , Coopersburg, Pa., has pledged $250,000 to the National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) Education & Research Foundation.
• MGE UPS Systems , Costa Mesa, Calif., is the recipient of a 2004 Product of the Year Award from Internet Telephony magazine for its Pulsar EX RT uninterruptible power supply, which offers power protection in high-density applications such as VoIP, telecom and critical networking operations.
• S&C Electric Company , Chicago, announced that the John Mungenast International Power Quality Award has been presented to Brad Roberts, Power Quality Systems Director for S&C's Power Quality Products Division. Roberts has over 35 years experience in the design and operation of critical power systems, ranging from single-phase UPS systems to medium-voltage applications. The John Mungenast International Power Quality Award is given "for extraordinary contributions to the power quality field" by EC&M Magazine .
• TOTO USA , Morrow, Ga., has received the 2005 Good Design Award from The Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design for its EcoPower Faucet, which operates on rechargeable batteries, designed to recharge every time the faucet is used.