Industry Roundup: Promotions and Acquisitions
• ABB, Zurich, Switzerland, has been awarded the Frost & Sullivan "Growth Excellence in Market and Product Leadership of the Year Award, for 2006 Low Voltage Drives."
• Anvil International, Portsmouth, N.H., has promoted Harold Arrowsmith to vice president of sales, mechanical division, and hired John Smayda as the eastern U.S. director of sales, fire protection division.
• Aqua-Chem and Cleaver-Brooks, Milwaukee, have divided into two separate entities, With Aqua-Chem no longer a part of its corporate structure, the latter’s corporate name has been changed to Cleaver-Brooks, Inc.
• Baldor Electric, Fort Smith, Ark., has achieved ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Fort Smith motor plant, service center and corporate offices.
• Generation Brands, Cary, N.C., announced that W. Allen Fromm has been chosen as its executive vice president and chief supply chain officer. Generation Brands is the holding and operating company formed with the recent mergers of Murray Feiss Import, Sea Gull Lighting Products and Encompass Lighting Group.
• GenTran, Atlanta, a designer and manufacturer of generator transfer systems, has received national certification as a Women’s Business Enterprise by the Georgia Women’s Business Council, a regional certifying partner of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC).
• Ruskin, Grandview, Mo., has acquired Eastern Sheet Metal (ESM), a privately held company based in Cincinnati, Ohio. ESM will be integrated into NRG Industries, an operating company of Ruskin.