Industry Roundup: Mergers, Acquisitions and Agreements
• Baldor Electric, Fort Smith, Ark. has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the Reliance Electric Company and certain of its affiliates from Rockwell Automation, Inc.
• According to The Wall Street Journal , Schneider Electric has reached an agreement to acquire APC .
• Philips Lighting, Somerset, N.J. has been recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency as the first U.S. company to take a company-wide pledge in meeting waste minimization standards. Philips is committed to reduce lead and mercury levels in the production of its products will represent 37% of the EPA’s national chemical reduction goal for 2011 for all businesses and companies reporting priority chemicals.
• The National Electrical Manufacturers Assn, Rosslyn, Va., offered support to one of its European counterparts, criticizing a new European Parliament environment committee proposal that would extend provisions of the EU Directive on Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restrictions of Chemicals (REACH).
• Open Energy Corp., San Jose, Calif., a provider of solar energy technologies, announced today the signing of a national distribution agreement with DC Power Systems, one of the largest wholesale renewable energy distributors in the country.
• Selkirk Americas, Richardson, Texas, has purchased the assets of Heat-fab, Inc., Turners Falls, Mass.
• Trimble, Sunnyvale, Calif., has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire privately held Meridian Project Systems, Folsom, Calif., a developer of enterprise project management and life-cycle software.
• Victaulic, Easton, Pa., has acquired full ownership of NVent LLC, Allentown, Pa. The latter was a joint venture of Victaulic and NIBCO.