Industry Roundup: Awards, mergers and promotions
• Advance, Rosemont, Ill., announced recently that its Advance University interactive ballast training website has been officially approved by the National Association of Independent Lighting Distributors for the “NAILD Lighting Specialist” (LS) certification program.
• Carrier Corp., Farmington, Conn., has launched Expert Insight, a quarterly publication that features product updates, dealer features, business best practices and events in the HVAC industry.
• Daikin AC (Americas), Carrollton, Texas, has named Mike Bregenzer as vice president and general manager of sales and marketing. He will be responsible for leading the sales and distribution channels of all Daikin residential and commercial HVAC systems for the U.S. and Canada.
• Mick Morrissey and Mark Goodale, formerly with AEC consultant ZweigWhite, have formed a new company, Morrissey Goodale LLC, to exclusively serve AEC firms.
• Modine Manufacturing, Racine, Wis., is forming a new Commercial Products Group that will combine the company’s Electronics Cooling and Commercial HVAC/R divisions to expand the company’s market presence in the electronics and HVAC markets.
• Power Plus!, a California-based supplier of temporary power, completed a partial acquisition of JT Packard & Associates, Madison, Wis. The latter offers service for all brands and types of network-critical power equipment, such as UPS systems, batteries, DC plants, generators and HVAC.
• Schneider Electric, Palatine, Ill., announced that Ann Adams, manager of marketing planning and information, has received the 2006 Brightest IDEA Award, presented at the Electro E-Biz Forum 2006 in Long Beach, Calif. on Sept. 27.
• Siemens Building Technologies, Buffalo Grove, Ill., has received a 2006 “Digie” Award from Realcomm, sponsors of an annual commercial real estate and technology conference and exposition, for its wireless building automation system.